[ltp] Re: T30 owners - Memory bank problems?

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:13:55 +0200

D. Sen wrote:
> At what point do they recall their products if there is a design flaw?
> Its fine for now while its under warranty but after the three years are
> up, these machines are doomed (it seems from the majority of the

I just experienced this.  My T30 had 512 MiB as 2 x 256 MiB and all
of a sudden it now sees only 256 MiB.  The memory boards are both good;
either one works in the slot closer to the front; the slot closer to
the back does not appear to work any more.

--
Thomas Hood