[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:10:38 -0500

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:30:08 +0100
"munk3h (ian)" <munk3h@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running ArchLinux on a T22 and would like to know if anyone else has
> experienced intermittent problems with halting the system and powering off.
>
> I'm using acpi at the moment, but does anyone know if apm would be more
> reliable?

What sort of problems with halting and powering off?  I'm using
stock Arch on a T23 but haven't noticed any problems with halting the
system.  But then tweaking acpi is still on the todo list. ;-)

I have more experience with acpi under Suse and in that case I found
acpi to be very reliable on my T23 so I'm expecting the same from
Arch.

John