[ltp] USB on 390e not working [Solved!]

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:16:19 -0500

* wes schreiner <wes@infosink.com> [2006 Jun 02 19:30 -0500]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >After some poking around in the Debian bug reports, I came across a
> >comment about ACPI disabling the USB port's IRQ.  The error message I
> >saw seemed to be hinting at that.  So, I added both acpi=off and apm=off
> >to the kernel's commandline and whadda-ya-know, my USB port now works
> >fine.
>
> I bet it will work fine with just APM. When the 390e came out APM was
> was dominant, and ACPI was still very new.

At one point in my testing I thought I had put acpi=off apm=on in
menu.lst and it didn't work then.  I can easily try it again to be sure.
I do know I used APM on it when I used it daily up until early '05.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"