[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 02:25:40 +0200

Andrew Barr ha scritto:

> my experience, meaningless. It's more important that chip vendors and
> component manufacturers either provide drivers or specs. Anyway, if
> you read the article it just seems to be covering an empty PR release
> by Lenovo that seems to serve little other purpose than to win favor
> with Microsoft.

Any favour granted by Microsoft comes at a huhe price.

> As far as quality goes I have a Lenovo R50e

An R50 still is (was) IBM as the R51 are (were)

> here, and while they've
> taken some features off of it compared to my (one of the last) IBM
> R51, I see no quality difference. I've learned not to take user
> comments too seriously, especially if they're scattered and varying
> reports like the one's I've seen Re: Lenovo quality.

As you are assigning R50/R51 to Lenovo, your comments can't be taken
serious I'm afraid.

> I'm going to keep buying ThinkPads

You'll be bying Lenovo laptops, of which you are entitled too of course.

A proposito: it's easy to keep the IBM and Lenovo a part: if there are
no Windy keys, it's still IBM, and if there are Windy keys, it's 100%
Lenovo. As easy as that.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris