[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 00:22:23 -0400

FWIW, we have a T60p and two T60s and have had 0 problems.  I don't
really like the Windows keys, but I like the WWAN more than I dislike
the Windows keys.  (I suspect both were well in the works before the
buyout.)

Still, no problem in the first 3 months isn't too indicative --
probably won't know for a year or two whether there's really any
quality difference.

Anyway, I don't see any reason to stop buying ThinkPads.  And the fact
that Lenovo won't be supporting Linux doesn't bother me either.  Where
the rubber meets the road is whether they continue to build them with
parts that have Linux drivers (or whether the Linux vendors continue
to find a way to make the parts work, whatever).  So far, so good.

I'd be interested to hear whether the Core Duo Z-series machines work
well with Linux.

Thanks,
    Aaron

P.S. The Lenovo phone sales group offered 20% off list on T60/T60p
ThinkPads without me even asking.  Said it was the "small business
price".  I never got that from IBM!