[ltp] Bad news for us ...

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:04:40 +0200

Rob Hess ha scritto:

> have done to make Linux work in a Windows world.  I mean, for being a
> computer designed for use with Windows, my Lenovo works pretty damn
> well running Linux.

I had earlier this year a T43 type where only Windy played well. A
TP43-2669-44G to be precise. And I know other type of the TP43 did
better. For instance, at this specific  TP43-2669-44G, any pci was(is)
tied to irq 11. And if not, Windy even couldn't/wouldn't start. I
couldn't swap hard disk either, so I finally had to let it go to the
friend (the plan was I would take the TP43 and she would have taken over
my TP41).

Bottom line is, to install any other operating system than Windy, the TP
isn't first choice anymore, as you could have more and better success
with other brands.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris