[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:16:26 +0200

Andrew Barr ha scritto:

>On Saturday 03 June 2006 20:25, Kris Steenhaut wrote:
>

>>As you are assigning R50/R51 to Lenovo, your comments can't be taken
>>serious I'm afraid.
>>

>I meant machines that were manufactured before and after the Lenovo takeover.
>The R51 I own was purchased in March 2005. Lenovo completed their takeover in
>May/June 2005 (IIRC). The R50e was purchased in September 2005. You must be
>referring to IBM-designed models versus Lenovo-designed models.

Practically all machines from the T41 on were manufactured already by
Lenovo in China, under IBM license, you should have known that and
anyway, it's besides the question.

The point is Lenovo acquiered the brand name, and now they can do just
as they like. And of course they are doing so, that's the least to be
expected. And read my lips: the only thing to be kept will be the
alu-alloy (patented I think) case. And other than that, a TP will be a
laptop just as any other laptop.

The IBM Thinkpad has reached his end of life. From now on there will be
only Lenovo laptops.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris