[ltp] Bad news for us ...

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 08:51:44 -0400

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 14:33 +0200, Macskasi Csaba wrote:
> > So far, no really Linux-incompatible Thinkpad exists, and if one
> > comes out, I am sure this list will alert people soon enough, so you
> > don't end up buying it.

> What about the R50e?

	What about it?

http://debian-thinkpad.javaguru.org/

http://goe.xhost.ro/debian.html

http://people.freenet.de/renmi/thinkpadr50e.html

http://www.mk-stuff.de/artikel/linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_r50e/

http://www.keylabs.com/linux/results/ibm_thinkpad_r50e_1834-4eu.html

http://www.plenz.com/thinkpad_R50e

	In the end, there are plenty of vendors who DO support Linux (though
perhaps not publically) on their hardware. Nobody is twisting your arm
to go out and buy an R50e or whatever, when you can easily see up-front,
before purchasing it, if it works well with Linux or not.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com

"Erosion of civil liberties... is a threat to national security."