[ltp] Bad news for us ...

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 09:02:41 -0400

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 14:45 +0200, Kris Steenhaut wrote:
> > Let's not forget that *WE* (the people) grant the government its
> > rights and power, not the reverse. We can also take them away.

> But alas you failed to do so.

When was that? I don't remember having my right to vote taken away from
me any time recently. I don't think my right to converse with others and
help them read and hear accurate news sources is forbidden in this
country, not yet anyway.

Just because 85% of the public is completely misinformed by the corrupt
media that they rely on for their "accurate" news reports, does not mean
that we have failed. As long as we can still vote (though that may be
going away with the fraudulent electronic voting system), we still have
the ability to change things.

Will it take 4 years? No, and it didn't take 4 years for the current
administration to screw things up either. It will take decades or more
to fix it, if people can step away from their American Idol and their
XBox for a few minutes to see how their freedoms are being taken away
more and more every day because they do nothing to stop this from
happening.

But alas, this is probably now off-topic for this mailing list.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com

"Erosion of civil liberties... is a threat to national security."