[ltp] Re: Batteries for old thinkpads (batteryrefill.com?) was Re: [ltp] Bad news for us ...

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 23:30:02 -0400

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 21:59 -0400, dag-ltp@emailias.com wrote:
> I tried to get my i1472 (2611-472) battery refilled by them last April
> (2005).

[snip bad experience with batteryrefill.com]

Hmm.  Their web site's not very well organized, and some of the info on
their site isn't correct (capacity for certain batteries, etc.)  I guess
I'm glad I didn't go ahead and pay the 60-something bucks and send them
my half-dead (or half-alive :) ) battery if they don't have their act
together.

I recently got a new 3rd-party battery for my X31 (2673-NU8) from
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/ .  So far it works well, and was
delivered quickly.  It even works with the latest X31 BIOS/EC versions,
which I understand have caused problems for some 3rd-party batteries.

Now I get to see how long this battery will last ...

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com