[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Jerome Poggi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:56:31 +0200

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> FWIW, we have a T60p and two T60s and have had 0 problems.  I don't
> really like the Windows keys, but I like the WWAN more than I dislike
> the Windows keys.  (I suspect both were well in the works before the
> buyout.)

No problem ?

With Linux 2.6.16 I get 3 big problem :
- sometime the sound hardware can't be use and block the modprobe or the
kernel, with a lot of messages : "azx_get_response timeout"
- when I stress a little the network card I get a beatiful Freeze...
- And the last : CRC error on the EEPROM of the e1000 card, so not
usable and I need to power off the thinkpad to correct the problem

But when the three problem will be resolv, I can say : "It's a good
computer" :-)

Now I can only say "Arg an another freeze today ..." and use an old
PCMCIA ethernet card to get a stable computer.

--
Jerome POGGI                                     Jerome.Poggi@hsc.fr
Herve Schauer Consultants   -=-   Network security consultant, CISSP