[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:17:19 +0200

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:56:31PM +0200, Jerome Poggi wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
> > FWIW, we have a T60p and two T60s and have had 0 problems.  I don't
> > really like the Windows keys, but I like the WWAN more than I dislike
> > the Windows keys.  (I suspect both were well in the works before the
> > buyout.)
>
> No problem ?
>
> With Linux 2.6.16 I get 3 big problem :
> - sometime the sound hardware can't be use and block the modprobe or the
> kernel, with a lot of messages : "azx_get_response timeout"

This is solved, at least on my X60s, where I had the same problems. I
used alsa from cvs. So I expect that this will be no problem anymore in
2.6.17

About the other problems: Sorry, don't have them on my X60s but I think
2.6.17 will be much better when it comes to brandnew hardware.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at