[ltp] Bad news for us ...

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:10:43 -0400

On 6/5/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hm, if you look at a picture of the T60 [1], it looks like they've sealed off
> the drive bay. I'm not sure that qualifies as a "trick," but probably more
> along the lines of a design decision.

That's not the case on my T60p -- there's a screw and a few inches of
the edge of the case that you pull out to remove the drive (pretty
much the same as for the T4x models).

I'm not convinced that the drives are BIOS-locked in the T60 -- I
think they're standard SATA drives whereas the T43 (with the locked
drives) had a weird case with an SATA controller driving an ATA drive
via some kind of bridge.  However, I haven't actually switched the
drives in my machine so I don't know for sure that it isn't locked.

Thanks,
     Aaron