[ltp] Bad news for us ...

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:54:58 -0500

* Kris Steenhaut <kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl> [2006 Jun 04 03:54 -0500]:

> Nate Bargmann ha scritto:
>
> >* Kris Steenhaut <kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl> [2006 Jun 03 18:57 -0500]:
> >

> >>Do awake please. "classic" IBM thinkpads already belong the domain of
> >>industrial archeology. (-:
> >>

> >In that case, when my T23 dies and I can't find a useable T42,
> >
> Your only chanche will be second hand and/or Ebay and auctions like that.

That's exactly what I do now.  I buy my computers via ebay.  I've bought
both my 390e and T23 from ebay sellers and now my brother's Thinkcentre
M50.  Not a problem with any of them so far.  I let someone else take
the depreciation hit and I pick up the technology after the people that
must have the bleeding edge work out the Linux compatibility issues.

I sleep very well at night.  ;-)

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of