Advertised X60 Battery Life (was Re: [ltp] Re: Bad news for us)

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:03:01 +0200

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 12:34:55PM -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 18:17 +0200, Andreas Gredler wrote:

> The thing which caught my eye, was the mention that this laptop,
> _because_ of the CoreDuo, has an 8 hour battery life.
>
> Since you own one, can you confirm this for me? Is this accurate?

I really have to try this with optimizations, since everybody asks me
about it ;-)

Well, you need the 8 cell battery. It lasts for 6 hours, but I'm always
working on the machine, so it's never idle. If I need more capacity I
use the "extended life battery" which connects to the connector for the
docking station. This gives me more than 8 hours.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at