[ltp] Bad news for us ...

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:11:32 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Laurent Gilson wrote:

> The little problem i see with that: which are the alternatives ? Which
> reliable, esay-to-maintain, linux laptop is sold right here, right now ?

The best laptop for Linux continues to be the Thinkpad. :)

So far, no really Linux-incompatible Thinkpad exists, and if one comes
out, I am sure this list will alert people soon enough, so you don't end
up buying it.

Most people forget a very elementary point here:

If the Thinkpad you buy today is Linux compatible today, it will continue
to be so for the rest of the life of the laptop, even if IB^H^HLenovo
decides to introduce a new model tomorrow that has deliberate
Linux-stoppers in it.

Atul

--
http://atulchitnis.com (Professional)