[ltp] Re: Batteries for old thinkpads (batteryrefill.com?) was Re: [ltp] Bad news for us ...

Luca Ingianni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:20:56 +0200

Am Montag, 5. Juni 2006 06:01 schrieb Kris Steenhaut:
> dag-ltp@emailias.com schreef:
> > ran my Thinkpad for about a half hour.  Now it's dead.  I reported
> > them to the BBB and gave up.  Of course, your mileage may vary, but
> > these guys are at the top of my worst customer experience list.
>
> Exactly the reason why I made the observation purchasing a too old Thinkpad
> might not be good an idea.

I suspect this advice may be wasted on you lot since you already own
Thinkpads, but anyway...

I bought a TP 600 off ebay, and I explicitly searched for ones with dead
batteries, reckoning they would fetch a better price (and they did, of
course). Then I bought a no-name replacement battery (for 600s they only cost
about 30eur) and thus ended up with a cheap notebook with a brand new
battery.

Have fun,
Luca