[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper on a22p - 1 data pt.

Harry Mangalam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:37:28 -0700

Hi Richard,

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 05:41, Richard Neill wrote:

> That's odd: my A22p works fairly well with ACPI. I never hibernate, but
> suspend to ram is as reliable as it was under APM (crashes one time in
> 20 or so). Are you doing chvt 1 before you suspend?

No - I've never even heard of it.

> The sound modules will only suspend if nothing is using them! Otherwise,
> you have to restart the sound service.

This I tried numerous times under Breezy (never worked). It doesn't seem to
work under Dapper either (if by this you mean: /etc/init.d/alsa-utils
restart)

> You needn't have recompiled though: just add the parameter acpi=off to
> your lilo.conf

Hmm - good to know for the next time.

--
Harry Mangalam - NACS, E1127, Engineering Gateway, UC Irvine 92697
949 824 0084(o), 949 285 4487(c) harry.mangalam@uci.edu