[OT] Debian details (was: Re: [ltp] Ubuntu Dapper on a22p...)

Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:29:17 -0300

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006, Andrew Barr wrote:
> Since you brought it up, and since we're [OT], I've got a quickie question:

Next time, ask it with direct mail... :)

> or not. I want to go back to using aptitude but I can't figure out how to get
> around this problem. Hints, suggestions? Thanks!

The "m" and "M" commands mark something as manually or automatically
installed. Aptitude will remove anything marked as *automatically installed*
that is not needed anymore, and will leave everything marked as *manually
installed* alone.

So just try mucking with "m" and "M", to get the "A" (automatically
installed) status toggled.  You can do this directly from the "packages to
be removed" screen, so it is dead easy to change status to manual and typing
"+" to mark it as 'leave installed' for all packages you want to keep
around.

  Henrique Holschuh