[ltp] A30 acpi radeontool madness

Mark Goldman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:24:55 -0400

I have a thinkpad A30 and decided it was time to get acpi working, so
I downloaded the latest kernel source (2.6.16.20) and built my kernel.

I generally use a fbconsole (1024x768x256).   When I set the laptop to
sleep, the backlight stayed on, as I remembered from back when I tried
it last, but the laptop went to sleep and woke up fine.  So I snagged
the latest edition of radeontool and made my sleep script call
radeontool to turn off the backlight.  It went to sleep, but when I
woke it up, it froze.  Eventually, I removed the fbconsole support and
everything seems to be working.

Is there another workaround that can be used, I really like having a
fbconsole because I do alot of work on it.  Googling and reading list
archives haven't given me any clues.  Thanks for any help.

-mdg