[ltp] T22: Xorg 7 and DRI

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:21:05 +0200

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE

Good morning,

I have recently tried to get working DRI, but failed with a black
screen which makes a cold boot neccessary, usual reboot does not
work. Also the Thinkpad beeps on shutdown (it usually never does
that).

I have the following relecant kernel config options set:
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_DRM=m
CONFIG_DRM_SAVAGE=y

I am using Xorg 7.0.20 from Debian unstable. When i start the
xserver with the modules dri and glx enabled, the drm and savage
modules get loaded. The screen becomes black (backlight stays on).

The screen remains black even i switch to console or try to restart
the xserver, which fails, because it cant find the device anymore.
Also unloading the drm and savage modul does not help. I have to
shutdown and poweroff to get the device back.

Any ideas?

Regards, nusse.

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE--