[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

Matthias Keller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:32:27 +0200

Daniel Maier wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 05:18:55PM +0200, Matthias Keller wrote:
>
>> John Shane wrote:

>> Maybe that's related; powering off under my suse 10.1 with the T22 also
>> doesn't work sometimes...
>> It does all the stuff and says it will be powered down NOW.
>>

> You both seem to experience the same problem with ACPI on the T22 as
> I did. The ACPI events stop working and if this happens, also
> powerdown does not work any more.
>
> Stop any process which might read /proc/acpi and try if this occurs
> again. ACPI events can be followed with /usr/bin/acpi_listen.

Hi
I tried experimenting but didn't get a solution yet
/proc/acpi seems only to be used by acpid:

COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE       NODE NAME
acpid   2142 root    3r   REG    0,3    0 4026532101 /proc/acpi/event

acpi_listen doesn't produce anything in normal operation. I see events
when closing and opening the lid but nothing else
Do you have any other hints what in the end solved your problems?

Thanks!

Matt