[ltp] T60 and ACPI and hdaps

Cajus Pollmeier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:46:11 +0200

Hi!

Well - I know, never get notebooks that are too new ;-) Nevertheless I've a
T60 now and I'm trying to get suspend to ram running.

This is what happens:

# echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
bash: echo: write error: operation not permitted

I'm using the 2.6.16.20 kernel, ACPI is compiled in (hotkeys, battery, etc.
works). Any ideas on what to tweak here to get it running? The file
permissions itself are ok, so I guess the kernel denies the access directly.

# cat /sys/power/state
standby mem

Disk seems not to be available for some reason. Maybe there are some kernel
parameters that I'm missing...

The other problem is that I can't insert the hdaps module. There's a DMI white
list hardcoded where I added the string "ThinkPad T60" - which is reported by
dmidump. But there's still a

hdaps: supported laptop not found!
hdaps: driver init failed (ret=-6)!

when modprobing the module. Any hints here?

Cheers,
Cajus