[ltp] IPW2100 alongside ORINOCO PCMCIA (gentoo)

alejo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:47:42 +0200

Hola list suscribers,

I've been trying to have to wireless network devices running on my
T41 kernel 2.6.16. I've noticed that when i'm trying to install
ipw2100 it forces me to turn OFF ieee80211 from the in-kernel
configuration. But this is needed to use the orinoco sources that
come via emerge orinoco....

In short i dont know then how to have the system happy and have both
possibilities ready in my laptop. has anyone here any howto
experience that could be shared with me for setting this correctly?

Is the orinoco/hermes driver from the kernel able to do monitor mode?

thanks for any feedback!

/a