[ltp] Re: Xorg, DRI etc

Nate linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:41:04 -0400

Alex Deucher wrote:

> 9000, m9 are rv250
> 9200, m9+ are rv280
> really the only difference is AGP 8x support and a few on chip bug fixes.
My glxinfo output gives:

[nate@blackbox ~]$ glxinfo|grep render
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20041207 AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL

The only warnings I get in Xorg.0.log are now
(WW) RADEON(0): [dri] limiting video memory to one aperture of 65536K
(WW) RADEON(0): [dri] detected radeon kernel module version 1.22 but
1.23 or newer is required for full memory mapping.

Would changing something to get AGP 4x (?) yield any desktop
improvement? Also, how about bios settings like AGP aperture size, or
enabling AGPFastwrite?

Well, I am going to try these things, but am in the middle of something.
I will report results when I can afford to close X.

-Nathan