[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:53:13 +0200

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 10:50:11AM +0200, Matthias Keller wrote:
> Daniel Maier wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:32:27AM +0200, Matthias Keller wrote:
> > If this event are still working before shutdown, poweroff should
> > work. I just know that poweroff does not work, when ACPI is dead (=3D
> > does not produce any events) and that ACPI events might die.
> > Interestingly, the power button event always works here.
> >  =20
> Yeah you're right, ACPI seems to die at some point.
> When running acpi_listen after a while I dont see lid close events,
> power cord removed events and all that stuff anymore - and when this
> happens it cannot shutdown normally.....
> So you didn't find any solution neither to at least allow for a clean
> shutdown??
I found one, beside I never shutdown. Check for any process that
might read stuff in /proc/acpi/* and kill them. This includes any
battery monitor etc from KDE/Gnome etc.
> Maybe some special acpi=3D??? option or no(l)acpi and all that stuff?
> Unfortunately my knowledge is too small to really start experimenting
> with these :-(
I have no clue about that. If you do not need ACPI you might want to
disable it and use APM instead.

Regards, nusse.

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--