[ltp] Mandriva - rewriting xorg.conf (silly magic)

Sat, 10 Jun 2006 04:28:35 +0100

Dear All,

Does anyone know what process is responsible for Mandrake/Mandriva
re-writing xorg.conf automatically?

If anything ever goes wrong which prevents X from starting[*], (such as
a crash, a rebuilt kernel without the nvidia driver, an unexpectedly
uplugged external mouse, or a change in kernel), it very "helpfully"
overwrites my carefully written xorg.conf file with a default.

This is extremely annoying! Any ideas how to stop it? I thought it was
XFDrake's fault, but even renaming the binary didn't stop it!

Richard

[*] I'd much rather be presented with an error message that X couldn't
start, than have X start in a broken configuration.