[ltp] X22 GL perfomance? [I spoke to soon - crashes ACPI!]

Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:38:23 -0400

> This is really weird. Having fixed the GL issues, I now discovered that
> suspend fails. Previously, the machine was very reliable:

>   chvt 1; echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> and it would wake up every time.

> Now, I found that it suspends fine (and the crescent light comes on),
> but it fails to resume: the HDD powers up, the crescent doesn't go out,
> thereafter, it is totally dead.

Up until recently, my wife used our X22 as her presentation machine
running Ubuntu Breezy.  3D acceleration was enabled, and she had the
machine configured to hibernate when closing the lid.  (I believe this
used in-kernel software suspend.)  This was very reliable, and didn't take
very long with a 5400 RPM drive and 640M main memory.  Suspend wasn't
useful on that machine because of another issue - too much battery drain
during suspend.

I don't have the X22 with me at the moment, but I'll try out ACPI suspend
on it and see what happens later.