[ltp] /dev/input/mouseX for trackpoint in kernel 2.6.16?

Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:09:14 +0100

Dear All,

While attempting to diagnose various other kernel issues, I've compiled
the latest 2.6.16.20 kernel. This seems to work well - but the mouse
device for the trackpoint have disappeared.

I used to have:

  /dev/input/mice       (the kernel's "hybrid")
  /dev/input/ts0        (no idea what this is, but you can't use it
                         as a mouse)
  /dev/input/mouse0      (the trackpoint)
  /dev/input/mouse1      (external usb mouse)
  /dev/input/trackpoint  (a symlink to mouseX created by my udev rule)

Now, the /dev/input/mouseX device which corresponds to the trackpoint
has disappeared.  I can still get data from it via /dev/input/mice, but
any customisation (in xorg) is now impossible.

Thanks for your help,

Richard