[ltp] Firegl T2, fglrx, xorg and glx: no XVideo

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:30:51 -0400

On Monday 12 June 2006 10:08, after a long battle with technology, Tino
Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 22:02:25 +0200, Fionn Behrens wrote:
> > I upgraded fglrx for the third time or so and [XV] still
> > does not work. I have a T42p with the T2 graphics adapter and
> > everything (including Suspend to RAM and GLX 3D) works just great -
> > except the XVideo extension.
> The last time when my system missed XV I forgot proper AGP support in
> the kernel.

The evil binary-only fglrx module has its own internal AGP support.  If
the kernel is compiled with agpgart (or agpgart has been modprobed),
then fglrx will use agpgart.  If not, it'll use its own internal
support.  I'm not sure which one works better; I've been using agpgart
here and XV works fine.

And Fionn, could you answer the questions I posed earlier?  Go ahead and
mail your xorg.conf to my address (not the list!) and I'll diff it with
mine and see if there are any glaring weirdnesses.

--
   People don't tend to get paid.
   --MegaHAL, trained on Netizen's quotes file