[ltp] X60s and external display... SOLVED

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:18:23 +0200

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 06:19:23PM +0200, Andreas Gredler wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 12:23:05PM +0200, Andreas Gredler wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Has anyone managed to get an external display to work?
>
> I tried a bad hack. Without knowing anything about the code of i855crt I
> just duplicated the code of the 915 chipset for the 945 chipset.
> It seems to work basically although I have to find better modelines.
> AFAIK the patch for 915 was made the same way... simply copying code ;-)

Finally I found out that latest X.org can handle dual head without any
helpers.
For mirroring I use:

Section "Device"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "All"
        BoardName   "All"
        #Option     "sw_cursor"
        Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"
        Option "Clone" "true"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

BTW: It's well documented, you just have to find it ;-)
http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.0/doc/html/i810.4.html
or simply use "man i810"

greets Jimmy

--