[ltp] Thinkpad 600e and the Selectabase port replicator

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:03:13 -0500

thinkpadr31@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:
> However, the keyhole on the right of the Selectabase is in the locked
> position.   I didn't get a ket from the seller.   Can I still use the
> Selectabase despite the locked position?   I just don't want to dock
> the laptop in the port replicator only to discover I really need a key
> to get it out.

If the port replicator is in the locked position and not broken then
there will be two hooks sticking up near the front of the flat area
where the ThinkPad sits.  If those hooks are sticking up then you won't
be able to dock anything.  If it is broken such that the hooks are
retracted then you can dock and undock without any big problems.  You
just won't be able to use the key turned to the undock position to push
the ThinkPad forward and off of the docking connector.

> I also read that ACPI needs to be off from a page describing
> experiences with installing Gentoo.   While I plan to scour for more
> info, I'd love to get any other useful tidbits.

ACPI in current 2.6.x kernels seems to work fine with the 600E, after
one gets the sound working.  This page gives details:
<http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_broken_sound_on_ThinkPad_600>

wes