[ltp] Thinkpad 600e and the Selectabase port replicator

Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:28:59 +0100

wes schreiner wrote:
> thinkpadr31@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:
>
>> However, the keyhole on the right of the Selectabase is in the locked
>> position.   I didn't get a ket from the seller.   Can I still use the
>> Selectabase despite the locked position?   I just don't want to dock
>> the laptop in the port replicator only to discover I really need a key
>> to get it out.
>

> If the port replicator is in the locked position and not broken then
> there will be two hooks sticking up near the front of the flat area
> where the ThinkPad sits.  If those hooks are sticking up then you won't
> be able to dock anything.  If it is broken such that the hooks are
> retracted then you can dock and undock without any big problems.  You
> just won't be able to use the key turned to the undock position to push
> the ThinkPad forward and off of the docking connector.

You could always unscrew the port replicator, and chop out the lock
mechanism. They aren't very hard to disassemble - I had to take mine
apart to remove a thing that rattled (an unncessary, and broken plastic
part) - but I only paid $8.

Richard