[ltp] svideo / tv-out, T41, radeon 9000, FC5, Xorg 7.0.0

Nate linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 02:52:00 -0400

atitvout worked for s-video output after I changed to vesa drivers.
However, the image is blurry, very viewable, but hard on the eyes. I
think refresh rates my be wrong, but I cannot seem to change the refresh
rates or X complains about no valid screens. My guess is that the tv
gets the same refresh settings as whatever device is being displayed
before atitvout is run, but that's a guess. Below is the section of
xorg.conf I'm making changes to.

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier      "TV Monitor"
  HorizSync   30.0 - 40.0
  VertRefresh   60
  #Modeline "800x600" 40.00 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628
  Modeline "640x480" 40.00 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628
EndSection