[ltp] R40 with 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4: hd problems after suspend/resume?

Thomas Roessler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:14:28 +0200

About to reactivate my old Thinkpad R40, since the current
laptop has display problems and needs to go into repair...

With the FC4 default configuration (and latest Fedora kernel),
the machine suspends with either APM or ACPI.

(For APM, I use the standard FC4 setup; for ACPI, the same
script that works nicely on a T43.)

After resume, I get tons of IDE errors flying by so fast I
can't transcribe them. The machine seems to work flawlessly
before the first suspend.

Note that the R40 doesn't use an SATA interface or hard disk,
so none of the "recent thinkpad" problems should apply.  This
laptop used to suspend and resume quite nicely back when I used
it regularly.

Any hints?
--=20
Thomas Roessler =B7 Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.