[ltp] Problem with trackpoint scrolling button

Thu, 15 Jun 2006 02:53:04 +0100

Bobby wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a little problem with my scrolling button (middle one). I can scroll
> with it but many times if I push it too often during a very short time it
> will paste the last thing I copy. If it's an url it will automatically past
> it in firefox so firefox leave the website I'm reading for the website it
> automatically pasted, if not an url it launch google with the pasted words.
>
> I hope you can understand my meaning and help me :D
>
> my xorg.conf
>

> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier      "Mouse0"
>        Driver          "mouse"
>        Option          "Protocol"              "auto"
>        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 6 7"
>        Option          "EmulateWheel"          "true"
>        Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"
> #       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> EndSection
>
> I disabled the third buttons for resolve this problem but changed nothing.

Dear Bobby,

You may want to change the setting of EmulateWheelTimeout to a smaller
value. [Note - it is broken in some versions of X]

However, the middle-paste is meant to be like that. Assuming you have a
newer Thinkpad with 3 mouse buttons in a line (made since about 2002),
it allows you to have both scrolling and middle-click.

This URL will help.
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint

As for firefox, paste -> load url is really a bug, not a feature. Open
"about:config", and set
  middlemouse.contentLoadURL = false.
While you are at it, set:
  keyword.URL = http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=