[ltp] OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:49:48 -0400

--=-=-=

/ Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> was heard to say:
| * Hugo <hscarrer@gmail.com> [2006 Jun 13 09:05 -0500]:
|>=20
|> Great news! from /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I'm going to guess that this message isn't good :-)

(WW) RADEON(0): Enabling DRM support

	*** Direct rendering support is highly experimental for Radeon 9500
	*** and newer cards. The 3d mesa driver is not provided in this tree.
	*** A very experimental (and incomplete) version is available from Mesa CV=
S.
	*** Additional information can be found on http://r300.sourceforge.net
	*** This message has been last modified on 2005-08-07.

It's obviously an old message, so maybe there's hope. Can the direct
rendering stuff be made to work on a T42p, does anyone know?

The current support, experimental or otherwise, apparently doesn't
work. GE crawls. I've never cared about the enhanced 3d stuff before,
and I suppose I can live without GE, but if it can be made to work...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | No man is more than another if he does