[ltp] OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:11:17 -0400

> / "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | all r3/4xx xorg logs display this messge.
>
> Oh.
>
> | There is 3D support for r3/4xx radeons.  You probably need a newer a
> | newer drm and/or ddx or you need to install the radeon 3D driver.
> | Does your log say direct rendering is enabled?  what about glxinfo?
>
> The X.org log says so:
>
> (II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled

Looks good.

> And glxinfo seems also to suggest direct rendering is enabled.
>
> *********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
> File r300_state.c function r300Enable line 456
> TODO - double side stencil !
> No ctx->FragmentProgram._Current!!
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes

<snip>

> OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20040924 AGP 1x TCL
> OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 6.4.1

Direct rendering seems to be enabled and working fine.  as to why
google earth is slow, I'm not sure.  perhaps it's hitting a lot of
unaccelerated paths.  You might want to try the r300 driver from cvs.
the cvs version supports a lot more extensions now, and Brian recently
checked in some google earth related fixes to some of the core mesa
stuff.

Alex