[ltp] Debian/Etch 2.6.17-rc6 X60s also works very well

Justin Mazzola Paluska linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:56:58 -0400

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:09:15PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if installed debian/etch with my own 2.6.17-rc6 kernel, and can confirm,
> everything just works.
>
> dri/suspend-to-ram/sata/ethernet/sound/dualcore/wlan-ip3945/...

Things sorta "worked" when I had Debian/Etch on my x60 with the stock
2.6.15-8 kernel and I could never get the stock 2.6.16-20 kernel from
Sid to work (it wouldn't see my touchpad, so X would die).  So I
imaged my Debian install and put on Ubuntu.  I'd love to move back to
Debian from Ubuntu (though I probably won't get the chance to do that
for another two weeks or so), so I'm really happy that you've gotten
this to work.

Did you do anything special when you compiled your kernel?  Any hints
and tips about what other Debian-aficionados might want to do to get
Debian on their X60s?

Cheers,
	--Justin