[ltp] OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:57:15 -0400

--=-=-=

/ "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| On 6/16/06, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
|> / "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@gmail.com> was heard to say:
|> | Direct rendering seems to be enabled and working fine.  as to why
|> | google earth is slow, I'm not sure.  perhaps it's hitting a lot of
|> | unaccelerated paths.  You might want to try the r300 driver from cvs.
|> | the cvs version supports a lot more extensions now, and Brian recently
|> | checked in some google earth related fixes to some of the core mesa
|> | stuff.
|>
|> CVS where? r300.sf.net has scary warnings about development having
|> moved.
|
| mesa cvs:
| http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building

[ Apologies to the list if this is drifting OT ]

Some struggling to get it building (Mesa build seems to look for
stddef.h in a bunch of places but not in /usr/include/linux which is
where it is. I fixed that with a symlink.)

Eventually, I got to:

mklib: Making Linux shared library:  libGL.so.1.2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and I'm stumped.

                                        Be seeing you,