[ltp] OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:08:31 +0100 (BST)

> Some struggling to get it building (Mesa build seems to look for
> stddef.h in a bunch of places but not in /usr/include/linux which is
> where it is. I fixed that with a symlink.)
>
> Eventually, I got to:
>
> mklib: Making Linux shared library:  libGL.so.1.2
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

vivek@neko:~$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so
libxxf86vm-dev: /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so
vivek@neko:~$ apt-cache show libxxf86vm-dev
Package: libxxf86vm-dev
  libXxf86vm provides an interface to the XFree86-VidModeExtension
  extension, which allows client applications to get and set video mode
  timings in extensive detail.  It is used by the xvidtune program in
  particular.