[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Michael linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:53:39 +0200

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 14:23 +0100, Hamish Marson wrote:
>
>> Oh yea. Works great on my r50p with xorg r300 drivers... Suspend & all.
>
> It doesn't seem to work well on my X31 (Radeon Mobility M6 LY, Ubuntu
> Breezy).  It runs and I can "use" it, but there's flickery graphical
> garbage covering part of the Earth.  Other 3D apps seem to run fine.

Strangely, it works when you use 24bit as screen depth. Seems to be a bug in
the radeon driver?

I will file a bugreport, but I'm not sure that this will be of any help. It
won't even be easy to explain exactly what the screen looks like...

Regards,

Michael