[ltp] T60 video switch

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:46:32 +0200

On Fre, 16 Jun 2006, Alfredo Matos wrote:

> Does anybody know how to get video switching to work on the T60 ? I have
> a default ubuntu kernel, with thinkpad modules. From the acpi part i can
> do some thing, like control the brightness and turn on/off thinkpad
> light, but the video screen part is completely unresponsive.
> Is this an ACPI issue, or related to the video card drivers (flgrx 8.25.18).

to my knowledge, the ATI drivers to not support ACPI-keys, give th r300
driver from xorg a try.

> Another thing, any pointers of how to get suspend or hibernate working
> for the T60 ?

Use a recent kernel like: 2.6.17-rc6

normally as root a: echo mem >/sys/power/state
should suspend the computer, if resume doesn't work try to add some kernel
parameters like: "acpi_sleep=s3_bios acpi_serialize"

And on the T60 make sure to set the compability mode for SATA-ahci in your
bios, or the harddisk won't work after suspend.

--
Florian Reitmeir