[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper Drake working fine with Thinkpad T60

WSR linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:50:23 -0700

That is great news.  Which version of the T60 do you have?

I have the ***d7u I believe and my results were not nearly as good.

I found that with dapper I can not use ati's "powerplay" settings
without an X crash. (aticonfig --set-powerstate=1).

I also found that battery life was very poor and suspend hibernate only
worked about 50% of the time, which effectively made it useless if your
not sure it will return from a hibernate.

I also tried and installed the packages similar to how you mentioned.

Currently I am running gentoo 2006, and so far the results are much
better.  I now have reliable suspend2ram, --set-powerstate works
properly, and I can get 5 hours of battery life (using 9 cell) vs
dappers ~maybe 3.

how does your notebook fare in respect to these issues w/ dapper?

thoughts appreciated ;)
-scott