[ltp] Re: Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Frank Gevaerts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:15:40 +0200

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 12:09:35PM +0200, Michael wrote:
> Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> > Probably. I had the same problem in debian/sid (didn't try 24 bit
> > however), and it was solved by compiling a new driver from
> > git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
> >
> > Frank
> >

> Frank, can you give some more details on your setup? Is the laptop also a
> Thinkpad X31? How did you get the git driver compiled? I have been told
> that it only compiles against xorg 7.1 or xserver > 1.0, which is not in
> debian/sid yet.

My laptop is an R52.

What I did was :
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
copy the debian/ directory from the xserver-xorg-video-ati package
update the changelog
add -DDONT_DEFINE_WRAPPERS to the CFLAGS to make it compile
apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-ati
fakeroot debian/rules binary

Frank