[ltp] Question about suspend to ram

Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:01:26 -0300

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Laurent Gilson wrote:
> yes.

Eh, actually, you're correct.  I failed to understand the question properly
:(

The heads will *always* be parked if the ThinkPad did enter a sleep state,
because it will cut power to the disk drive.

The issue is *how* the heads will be parked: gently with an unload command,
or banged around by a drive emergency head unload (power cut with the heads
still flying and the platter still spinning).

> Now there is a windows-suspend Mode which simply turns off the display...

That I didn't know about... yuck, it is worse than the common "GPU is still
at full-blast" broken sleep problem ATI ThinkPads often have...

  Henrique Holschuh