[ltp] aticonfig / powerstate and corrupt display

Sean Kelley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:03:54 -0500

I have been battling on and off issues with aticonfig
--set-powerstate=X.  For a while, it seemed that the display
corruption upon execution of that command was purely random.  However,
it now appears that I can get the ati X1300 in my Thinkpad T60 to go
into a lower power state <<if I first suspend2Ram and then awaken
it>>.

So there is something about either going into suspend2ram or the
wake-up process that makes it possible to set a powerplay powerstate.

machine:  Lenovo Thinkpad t60
video:       x1300
distro:     Ubuntu dapper drake

Not sure yet, why that is the case or how I can get further in
resolving this issue.

Sean