[ltp] getting correct time on a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T23)

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:48:52 +0200

I think you want take a look at:

man hwclock
and the package "adjtimex"

the two should be able to get your clock right.

------ SCHNAPP (from the adjtimex manpage)

In addition, hwclock(8) can be used to approximately correct for a
constant drift in the hardware clock.  In this case, "hwclock --adjust"
is run occasionally. hwclock notes how long it has been since the
last adjustment, and nudges the hardware clock forward or
back by the approdpriate amount.  The user needs to set the time
with "hwclock --set" several times over the course of a few
days so hwclock can estimate the drift rate.

--
Florian Reitmeir