[ltp] belt & suspenders suspend-to-ram script for acpid

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:30:24 +0200

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 01:57:29AM -0600, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>    Firstly, there is logic to prevent going to sleep if the thinkpad has
> only just awakened in the last minute. This resolves the most annoying
> thing my thinkpad has ever done -- requiring me to wake it up three
> times.=20

This is supported by the generic hibernate-script as well
(http://www.suspend2.net/downloads/).

>    Secondly, there is a workaround for the fgconsole bug with regard to
> xorg. for some reason, fgconsole doesn't work in xorg and possibly other
> variations of xwindows, so the "chvt $FGCONSOLE" trick in the example
> script in the wiki will leave most users in a text console after resume.
> This workaround is hard-coded to presume that your xwindows console is
> vt 7. Basically, if fgconsole returns an error, make $FGCONSOLE equal to
> 7.=20

This is also supported by hibernate-script :)

>    As compared to the example script on the wiki, I've also added bits
> to make the led blink the way it did in the old APM days. Also presumes
> that you have the laptop_mode utility installed.=20

Also supported in hibernate-script - without requiring laptop_mode.

Regards,
Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--