[ltp] belt & suspenders suspend-to-ram script for acpid

Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:17:53 +0100

Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>    This is tailored to my X21, so there are a few specific items that
> are specific to the X20/X21/T20 and similar machines. Users of better
> thinkpads will have to substitute the appropriate video bits.

Thanks very much. I wonder whether this also applies to the very similar
X22. My X22 sleeps fine, but goes totally dead  on resume: the HDD spins
up, but that's it. This only occurs if I have 3D-accel working.

Can you tell me:

   Which kernel and xorg versions you have
   Could you post your "Device" section of xorg.conf

> there is logic to prevent going to sleep if the thinkpad has
> only just awakened in the last minute. This resolves the most annoying
> thing my thinkpad has ever done -- requiring me to wake it up three
> times

I think it's a race condition caused by multiple scripts in
/etc/acpi/events (and maybe some other clients of acpid) triggering on
Fn-F4. They all try to sleep, one gets there first, and then the others
take effect on wake up.

Best wishes,

Richard